Adverse Weather Conditions
In the event of disruption caused by snow or adverse weather conditions, the prime concern of the school must always be the safety of the pupils and staff. It is the policy of the school to make every effort to remain open, providing it is safe to do so. As most of our students live within a short walking distance of the school, it is expected that they will make every reasonable effort to undertake the journey, as long as it is safe to do so.
As it is appreciated that the journey may take longer than normal, we may decide to start the school day later. We will encourage students and staff to leave promptly at the end of the school day. Please make arrangements for your child.
The school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
1. Insufficient staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely
2. Conditions on site are dangerous
3. Conditions are considered to be, or are anticipated to later become, too hazardous for travel
The decision to close the school, either before or during the school day, will be made by the Principal
Advice to Parents
In the event of bad weather, there are a number of ways to confirm planned actions
1. Check the school website.
2. Check our Twitter feed (@theforestacademy)
Please ensure that the school office has up to date contact details.