The Forest Academy in Hainault has started a free breakfast club this week, open to all students to come in to school early for breakfast. Staff will be supervising, providing activities and spaces to complete homework and revision.
Will Mackintosh, Principal of The Forest Academy, said:
- This breakfast club is part of our commitment at The Forest Academy to ensure all students can start the day with healthy a breakfast and to ensure that no child goes hungry.
- Students can come into school early, have a safe space to sit with their friends, have breakfast and take part in activities and complete homework.
- This is part of our commitment to serving our local community, providing for our students’ wider development and tackling ‘hidden hunger’.
- Students can also join our very popular daily cooking clubs at lunchtime, so that as well as accessing breakfast clubs they can develop their cooking skills and learn how to make nutritious meals.
- Take-up from students and families has been very high so far across all year groups, showing a real desire and need for this provision in the school community.
The breakfast club is being run in association with Family Action and the National School Breakfast Programme.
Notes on The Forest Academy:
Forest Academy is a Good school, located in Hainault, North East Redbridge. We are a small community school and we know and support all of our students as individuals. We ensure that all of our students get a brilliant education and go on to excellent universities and careers. Forest Academy is a 11-16 school with a co-located sixth form with Beal High School and is part of Beacon Multi Academy Trust.